Sunday, July 16, 2006

The House Is Too Quiet!

Zachary is spending the night at his cousin Austin's house tonight. Austin is having a slumber party to celebrate turning 11, and there are six boys sleeping over, playing video games as late into the night as they can... Zach is excited because last year they all snuck into the kitchen in the middle of the night to get food, and he is hoping they do it again this year! Austin's mother, Cindy, told me that one boy was literally able to climb the wall, and showed her. I do not envy her tonight, ha ha...

Graden is spending the night at Mamaw and Papaw's tonight. He is sure to be spoiled over there, as always! (He has his own coffee mug there that says "The Boss" for when he visits!) He helped pack his little suitcase, making sure his Buzz Lightyear pajamas were packed, both pairs?!? Why two pairs, I have no idea... Poor Graden has lost his voice though... He has thrown so many little temper tantrums accompanied with ear splitting screaming in the last two days he finally lost his voice. A conversation would go something like this:

Graden: "Can I play the Gameboy?"

Mom: "No, not right now... wait until later."

Graden: "AUUUGHHHH!!!!" with his little fists clenched in fists... Not sure why he is doing this, it hasn't accomplished much of anything for him. I must admit, when he awoke from his nap this afternoon and had a raspy whisper of a voice, I was secretly thankful! ;)

At any rate, the house is way too quiet tonight. I often long for an evening away, and when I get one, I spend the entire time missing the little guys! :)

No comments: