Friday, November 23, 2007

Stephen King's "The Mist"- The Movie

Wow!!! What a movie! This movie was awesome, I am sure it was much better viewed in Guam than if I had seen it in Mississippi... The suspense literally had me jumping during the movie, especially when my soda was "sweating" onto my hand and I was like "What is on my hand?!" All I could imagine as I felt drops on my hand was "It is blood! I know it is blood on me!" Shannon kept laughing at me when I would jump... but she wasn't laughing when the movie ended!

The movie was so intense right up to the very end, I won't give away the ending, but it was heartbreaking! The last five minutes of the film are the most intense minutes of the entire movie. If anyone read Stephen King when he wrote under the name "Richard Bachman", you will love this ending! "The Long Walk" was a favorite story of mine by King when he wrote under Richard Bachman, and this tale of his is now right up there! This movie was more than a horror movie, it had several messages about humanity, a few of the points the movie made were very reminiscent of "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson.

I found this review and quote at http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/2007/11/on-mist-best-stephen-king-quote-ever.html.-

"In what could be the best Stephen King quote ever, I heard word Tuesday morning that he said the following at a press conference on Monday about "The Mist," which is based on his novella:
(Director) Frank (Darabont) ("The Green Mile," "The Shawshank Redemption") wrote a new ending [I love]. It is the most shocking ending ever.

There should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last five minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead.

The statement is designed to both be a blessing of the film adaptation as well as a chilling message to anyone who dares to give away the film's ending."


And for the record, here is one of my parental-double standards, MY children will not be watching horror movies while they live with me... seriously.

No comments: