Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day in Guam!

We just finished Thanksgiving dinner, and it was delicious, if I do say so myself... I made enchiladas for dinner, that is what my sister and her family wanted! She said they aren't really into turkey, and she also said she loves my enchiladas. Tonight Shannon and I are going to see "The Mist" by Stephen King at the mall. I love when I am able to watch scary movies with my sister! We grew up watching scary movies together... I still remember the first one I watched when I was 10 and she was 8 called "The Funhouse"- Pay to get in, pray to get out... I love the suspense of not knowing what is going to happen horror movies, but I don't like the blood and gore... Tomorrow we are going to the water park along the beach, Cameron is dying to go!

Yesterday Shannon, Cameron, and I went to the beach on base. It was so pretty! The beach has white sand, and black reef in the water. On the reef were several crabs that were sunbathing. I tried to take pictures of all of the crabs, but they would get really shy and hide in the crevices of the reef. My sister told me that the reef was actually very dangerous, that people often get cut on the reef, and many had drowned after being sucked into the reefs by the strong underwater currents! I stayed close to the edge after hearing that!

In the evening Jerry, Shannon, Cameron and I went to the aquarium called "Underwater World". It is a gorgeous aquarium! The seahorse display was adorable, some of the seahorses even had horns. There were Spider Crabs that were huge, if I saw one of those without glass surrounding it I would run! I even saw a case that had Clown Fish in it, just like the little fish from "Finding Nemo". I took several pictures of those, to show the boys when I get home. After we visited the aquarium we went to eat at "Planet Hollywood" which was a lot of fun! They played two songs which nearly everyone in the restaurant got up to dance to... I laughed so hard and took pictures of all of the people dancing! We were the only Americans in the restaurant, apparently Guam is a very big tourist attraction for the Japanese. Everyone here is so friendly, the locals and the tourists. After dinner and the aquarium we visited stores like Channel, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Tiffany and Co., Tag Heuer, Pucci, Gucci, etc... It was fun to look at those stores, but I can't imagine paying those prices! In one store there was a cute denim dress by DKNY, and I looked at the price tag and it was $495.00!!! For a denim summer dress?! I looked inside at the seams and other details, and it didn't look as if the quality would be that much better than something at the mall in Tupelo to make it worth that price! I did fall in love with these purses that are sold in a store called "Le Sport Sac", the brand of purses that caught my eye are called "Tokidoki". They are a cartoonish-type print of purses, with a little grim reaper named "Adios" and his girlfriend named "Ciao-Ciao". The prints are very cute, very emo... but way too expensive! A wallet-sized purse was $97.00, and the prices went up from there. In the states I love a brand called "Bobby-Jack" which has a cute little monkey, and here the island sells a popular brand called "Julius" with a little monkey and his friends.

No comments: