Sunday, November 22, 2009

My 25 Random Things about Me...

1. I was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona.

2. I had to go to speech therapy for three years to learn to pronounce my "sh" sounds.

3. I walk on my toes when I don't think about it, so I wear heels most of the time so people don't notice!

4. I have a SERIOUS case of ADHD! (But honestly now... Who "knows me KNOWS me, and can't tell?!)

5. I was in the United States Air Force for four and a half years. I miss working at USAFA. I had some of the best laughs there...

6. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, a Master of Arts in Teaching, and a Master of Education in Special Education. I am certified in Mississippi to teach Family & Consumer Sciences, Elementary Education, Mathematics, Social Studies, Spanish, Psychology, and Special Education-Mild/Moderate and Severe/Profound.

7. I have been to England, Paris, Amsterdam, and Guam. I want to go back to Paris so badly... England is where I met three of my greatest friends ever- Teddi, Julie, and Suzanne!! :)

8. I have a very dry sense of humor. My favorite game is to play "Ask a stupid question with a straight face" and watch people answer it.

9. My favorite television show is "The Office". I would love, love, love if I worked with my own "Dwight Schrute, Jim Halpert, and Michael Scott" daily!

10. I love Mexican food! I could eat Mexican food for the rest of my life and not grow sick of it... That is why I like my nickname to be "Jennchilada"...

11. My best friend since elementary school is Jacqueline Framm Alquist. We are still best friends but live in different states. Her daughter was born on June 19th, which is my birthday. My son was due on her birthdate, but came early... Jacqueline invited me to church in high school, and that is when I accepted Christ as my Saviour and was baptized at Tucson Baptist Temple.

12. My second oldest and dearest friend is Kimberly Mackel Munger, who also lives in Tucson, Arizona.

13. I love to read books. I could read all the time if I had no other responsibilities! I just finished the "Twilight" series which I loved! I bought a poster from the American Library Association which has "Edward" and "Bella" on the poster holding a copy of "Twilight" and it says "READ" at the bottom for my classroom!!

14. I teach special education grades K-4 inclusion. My students love me because I am "goofy". Lately they have enjoyed earning "Vampire Smiles" on their papers because of the "Twilight" craze that has hit. Today Aden challenged me to a "Twilight" trivia contest... I won!! ;)

15. I love Milkduds and Hot Tamales. I love Ding-Dongs and glazed donuts. Cinnamon flavored salt-water taffy. Toblerone candy bars. John Wayne Casserole but the school cafeteria won't serve that anymore...

16. Every morning I start the day with a Dt. Mountain Dew. Seriously. Others have coffee, so don't judge!

17. I have three wonderful boys: Zachary Allan Divers, Bobby Graden Jarrell III, and John Gibson Jarrell. They are my stars in life. They make me want to shine brighter, and they brighten up my world as they shine!

18. I really wish I had a daughter... but I was told never to even bring up the subject of having another child again. ;)

19. I love pop music. I know I have awful taste in music. I love my Milli Vanilli, NKOTB, Debbie Gibson, Vanilla Ice, and other cheesy music on my iPod. I had a friend tell me once that if someone gave him enough money to buy 200 CD's he still couldn't buy a collection as awful as my collection.

20. I LOVE J.C. Crew "Critter" pants. They are cordorouy pants with embroidered bugs, animals, or other whimsical designs. They have been discontinued for women, so I have to hunt them down to find pairs that are still available.

21. I collect "Precious Moments". Recently the company came out with a new collection of "Disney Precious Moments" that have "Beauty and the Beast" ones, so that was a double score because I also collect "Belles". I love "Belle" because she was the first Disney heroine that had brown hair and brown eyes, and read books like me!

22. I have a really good heart, and I always try to "fix" things for people... but somehow I always manage to make things worse. I see someone hurting and I try to intervene, and somehow, inevitably I make things ten times worse?!

23. I am very tender-hearted and sensitive. Maybe insecure. I easily get my feelings hurt.

24. I have "book-smarts" but not a lot of "common-sense". The Christian rap group D.C. talk has a song called "The Hard-Way" about "some people have to learn the hard way... I guess I'm the kind of guy who has to find out for myself..." It is like the theme song for my life! Some people were blessed with wisdom, not me. I know the bible speaks about wisdom, and lays it out for us, but that has not been my gift.

25. I do have the gift of compassion. I have gone through a lot in my life. Divorce and other heart aches that I wouldn't wish on others... but I believe in the end it is so I can encourage others as they go through similar trials in their own lives...

"What a wonder God we have--he is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials. And why does he do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us." (2 Cor. 1:3-4 TLB)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Reading all these tidbits reminds me I miss you soooo much! Hey, wait....you didn't mention glitter! (or did you, and I missed it?)
Love ya!