Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Why Acorns?

     I chose my background for my blog because it represents Fall, Thanksgiving, and mainly; the background represents Gibson's love for me. Gibson brings me acorns home from school everyday as a reminder of his love for me. It is so sweet... He will call out to me from the truck as he slides out "Mommy... I have a surprise for you!" and then he will dig deep into his pockets and pull out several acorns for me. Gibson doesn't have money to buy me presents, so I know those acorns have been chosen with love and given with pride! He points out the varying characteristics of each acorn- this acorn is small, this acorn is huge, this acorn is a beautiful shade of nearly red, etc...
     The gifting of acorns started with Zach when he too went to the same daycare that Gibson currently goes to. When Graden started going to that daycare as well, Graden would come home and bring me acorns as well. I have a few of those acorns in my jewelry case. They are more valuable and treasured than any of the other pieces in my jewelry case... would any other mother feel differently?!